The Production Associate is responsible for the trafficking, logistics, and administration of all SmartLab projects. Responsibilities include working with sales to meet client requirements on shipping and carton marking, providing shipping information to vendors and freight forwarders, trafficking safety testing and inspections, setting up and maintaining incoming inventory into inventory management system, and reconciling final project details into a custom database system.
The Production Associate communicates well with internal and external customers, has demonstrated organization and problem-solving skills, is self-directed, and can work as part of a team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supplies correct shipping and logistics info to vendor and tracking through to delivery at the warehouse or to customer
- Ensures all safety testing and QC inspections occur on time and maintains reports
- Inspects printer’s carton markings to insure instructions have been followed
- Proactively maintains tracking system and communicates updates to Sales and Operations
- Creates shipping and receiving purchase orders
- Processes all approved invoices
- Maintains dates and quantities in databases
- Gathers all final documentation to close out and bill projects
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills including Mac’s & Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic understanding of database/ERP systems
- Strong organizational and planning skills as well as extremely detail oriented
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to pro-actively problem solve
- Ability to work independently and also in a team environment
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This position requires the ability to work with standard computer equipment such as keyboards, monitors, and personal computers. It also requires the ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds and the ability to stand for extended periods of time. The working environment will include general office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise and the like.
becker&mayer! expects employees to function as a team, communicate openly, be proactive, and treat colleagues with respect and professionalism.
Education and Experience Requirements:
BA or BS Degree desired
Innovation, creativity, and teamwork: the focus of becker&mayer!'s employees and the key ingredients to developing engaging books and toys. becker&mayer! is one of the largest book producers in the United States as well as the creator of fun and educational toys under its SmartLab division. An award-winning toy producer, SmartLab creates hands-on toys through which children explore science and art. becker&mayer!'s book titles for adults and children are recognized for their innovation and are often published under our clients' names, which include Chronicle Books, Random House, Scholastic, Simon & Schuster, Abrams, and Silver Dolphin, among others. becker&mayer! works closely with top licenses including Lucasfilm, Mattel, Disney, Star Trek, and Warner Bros., and becker&mayer! titles are available worldwide.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to note Production Associate in the subject line.
becker&mayer! is an Equal Opportunity Employer.